fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around

fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around
no pansies allowed

Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Somebody hire me


I will move to Alaska. I will brave the big city. I will commute by train, plane, or automobile. I will live in the sticks, or live in the tropics. I will take a sled dog, snowmobile, or canoe to work. I will work my ass off, be innovative, develop programs, slogans, and ideas that WORK. I will EVEN enter data and run statistical analysis if it wold help you or your firm. JUST HIRE me and give me the chance to work with my Master's Degree making more than a miserable hourly wage. FOR ONE TIME IN MY LIFE I WOULD LIKE TO GET A CAREER WHERE MY SALARY DOES NOT LEAVE ME ELIGIBLE TO GET FOOD STAMPS!

Sometimes I wonder if the academic game is just that...a game. Crunch those numbers. Make peanut butter. I am fairly depressed today, but need to get up on my feet and convince someone that hiring me is the best move they will make in a long time! I need a job that uses my skills.

Anyone send my a lead (one that I am actually qualified for), and I will dazzle them in an interview. All I need is a chance with a REAL job, helping or teaching people for a realistic wage, planning programs, writing grants, preparing budgets, teaching, analysis, PR, human relations...and I will be the forever grateful, talented, and loyal employee...

My wife and I are willing to move almost anywhere to make this happen...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:55 AM

    Yeah, like I know anybody.
    I will keep an eye out in the AK
    area. Good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Is your thesis all defended now? You'll have two eyes out in AK now (two eyes out makes AK blind?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I defend next semester as I have to register for credits to do it. Already talked to Doctor Mac about it...thanks for the eyes out!! We really will move if that is what it takes to make a liveable wage.

    Hmmm...

    I would insert some kind of joke about seeing eye sled dogs, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

    Look at the mountains Mrs. Flexman. Look at the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:42 PM

    Rock on, Joanna Joanna Danna. You will be Master of all you Survey in no time flat. And you should have seen the mountains this morning: it was so clear at -3 degrees (before you consider the killer windchill) that you could see across the inlet to watch the sunrise light up those mountains all pink and orange at 9:45 for our conveniently scheduled sunrise. I was looking at the mountains for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:39 AM

    I can't help with Alaska but I will keep an eye (the one in the middle of my forehead) out for you in Whatcom County. So much for wearing hats for the next while. Most of the time all of my eyes are on BC though because that's what I can see out of my windows upstairs.

    Arweenie

    ReplyDelete

SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY..