fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around

fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around
no pansies allowed

Popular Posts

Friday, April 11, 2008

Left Turn at Non-Sequiturville


Dementia is an amazing thing. I am highly looking forward to it, so I can wear my underwear on the outside of my clothes.

Anyway-one resident in particular says the most amazing things...and she says them with complete seriousness.

I played guitar for her in my office. She smiled, nodding her head in time to the music, watching thoughtfully (or so I thought), tapping her foot as she sat in her wheelchair.

When I was finished I asked her, "So, how was that?"

She paused for a moment, and stated with a very concerned expression, "That was very nice, but you have no black people on that ukelele."

I wasn't sure how to respond, so mostly I just blinked at her.

At lunch today our Activities Director asked her how the food was. She again struck a thoughtful pose.

"It is very good, but I am turning into a boy."

Hmmm...stay away from the herb chicken.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:04 AM

    yeah, but what did she think of the drummer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:17 PM

    Do you have an e-mail that you check often? email me at asteinke1023@yahoo.com I want to ask you some questions about me moving up there. :) I really want to get the ball rolling on this and plan ahead.

    Say hello to Coley (Nicole?) and Connor...and the mess of cats.

    Love ya.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete

SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY..