fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around

fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around
no pansies allowed

Popular Posts

Friday, February 02, 2007

keep on swimming, keep on swimming...



Do you ever get that feeling of impending doom?

I didn't get that job. Nope. Sure didn't.

This is problematic.

Turns out they had someone apply who had actually BEEN a Head Start manager for another agency. The director assured me that I did wonderfully in the interview, and that I was one of their top choices...so I ALMOST got the job, which is a bit like ALMOST being pregnant...

which does make me feel better in the self-esteem department...

but does nothing for the fact that I am in DEEP doo-doo in the checkbook department...

So, as Dory says in Finding Nemo, "gotta keep on swimming."

I have applied at University of Idaho, and at the local Community Action Center. The first job pays well, and is a long shot because it will be highly competitive. The second job pays not-so-well, and may still be a longshot because I am overqualified. I spent one afternoon kind of immobilized, depressed, and questioning the meaning of life in general. But, that didn't help matters much. So, I am hitting the job trail in high gear for the rest of the week. There is a social services director position open at a care facility in Colfax, so I will be applying there. I am trying to avoid Idaho if possible, so I don't have to pay state income tax...but at this point I will take just about anything. I did get a tutoring position at WSU again, but it is one night a week, and that might pay for a gallon of milk or two. I will be grateful...and have sufficient calcium.

So again, please wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Joanna Joanna Danna,

    I'm sorry that the HeadStart job didn't come through. It's such a pain that we are forever competing against whoever shows up to apply for a position ~ and there's not much we can do about what they're walking through the door with. But you did a great job of presenting YOU, and that is something to bank on because it will make your next interview that much easier to swing and this next time, that perfect fit will already be out of the running ('cause s/he is already working at Headstart, right?). With a bit more swimming, it's going to come through for you. I know it's a pain. But the new round of pictures was a good idea ~ you've got lovelies all around you.

    Any day now ~ it's going to come through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:11 PM

    well there's always california

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:25 AM

    Northeast Washington has lots to offer with low cost of living and high wages for social workers.

    ReplyDelete

SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY..