fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around

fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around
no pansies allowed

Popular Posts

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Still warm...

I went with a co-worker to deliver Christmas baskets in Gold Beach to businesses that we work with...assisted living facilites, pharmacy, hospice, home health, doctors, the hospital...

We grabbed lunch from Subway, and then drove to an ocean overlook to eat. We sat a a picnic table in the sun listening to the surf, watching the waves crash into the rocks below, looking for miles out onto the Pacific...

I must say-very different than any Christmas season I have experienced before. We were having so much fun eating lunch we considered just launching the baskets into the ocean and saying we delivered them. I had visions of seagulls with garland hanging out of their beaks...

We did actually make it to Gold Beach-and we passed my dad coming out of the Subway there. It is funny that I live so close to them now, but only see them about as often as I did before I moved here...still, it's nice to know I can see them. Maybe I should bring them a basket.



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Okay,
    Piraro is twisted~~~~~ I can't shake the image of the "good bunny" in the house, kicked back in a kitchen chair, eating the normal sized carrots.
    Any seagulls with carrots????? Curling iron, maybe?????
    Goooooo visit your folks!!!!!!!!!!
    Or I'm gonna throw a Really big snowball at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:31 AM

    I expect a gift basket the next time that you are in Phoenix.

    I wore long pants to work for the first time today because it was a bit nippy this a.m. 44 degrees Farenheit (7 degrees Celsius). New December experience for me too!

    ReplyDelete

SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY..