fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around

fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around
no pansies allowed

Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

When life gives you lemons, it is important to have crab


yum
 So, Coley went to the store and came back with King Crab. She started cooking a five course meal (which set me off on a happy dance, cause she can cook like no one's business)..then told me she forgot to get a crucial ingredient for perfection.

No lemon.

The horror.

So, this being Arizona, I walked down the street until I found a lemon tree.

I accosted it, and came home with two lemons. Slicing those things up made the whole kitchen smell wonderful.

I didn't even have to go to Walmart to get one of their sorry, puny, dried up lemons.

The lemon tree I found was in someone's yard, but had branches that hung over the alley. So after hunting and gathering (as I proudly presented the bounty I secured), I was able to tell Coley that "mother nature and a back alley will provide..."

I didn't have to scale a wall. I hardly got arrested or anything.

That's what people get for leaving their lemons unsecure, hanging over back alleys, all willy nilly. The tree was obviously asking for it. You should have seen how it was dressed. It wanted me to touch its lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY..