fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around

fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around
no pansies allowed

Popular Posts

Sunday, December 31, 2006

horizontal paper delivery


So it drizzles during the day, and then freezes at night, and then for good measure there drops a dusting of snow so the black ice is invisible.

So I fall down a lot. It is difficult to throw a newspaper when lying down. Plus my ass hurts. (Gee, sounds like an Ani DiFranco song I know....)I get home and Coley has a heating pad for my ass, as it is quite frozen and difficult to fall back asleep when that cold. I actually think she is tired of my frozen legs and rear end area ruining her warm, cuddly, blankety, vacuum sealed world every morning. She has taken to talking in her sleep about horses and some house somewhere, so we are quite a sight. "Feed the horses" she says (like five times this morning) while I am pressing a heating pad on my butt. Yep. We're just awesome.

I am done with this delivery thing on January 15. Sooner if I get the Chemical Dependency Counselor position in Clarkston and they want to start me immediately.. It has certainly been interesting. I have loved the raccoons, and the owls, and the Pussycats. (Ok...I've heard that somewhere before too.) Today I had to look at Saddam Hussein with a noose around his neck precisely 137 times. An evil, evil man by almost any measure...but...

Want to hear how I feel about capital punishment?

Probably not, so I will refrain.

Christmas was jingly, and warm, and lots of smiles and hugs and laughs. All the good stuff. Little C got to meet her extended family in the Valley So Low, and she was a hit. Bentley wasn't there, as C Man broke up with his girlfriend on X-mas Eve...which was a sad time to have that happen...but Little C still had a good time. She had her fuzzy posters and art set, and her Uncle C got her a kids cosmetics kit that she went nuts over. Lip glosses, nail polishes, light blushes and shadows, and sparkley face powders. I currently have silver, sparkley fingernails. I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

I will be posting a few pics as I load em up. Haven't done that yet, so my pic of Damnit Janet with her Alaskan snowman will have to do. Woo hoo! Looks fun Janet! I want to make one, and then practice kickboxing on it. The snow here has been too dry. Darn it.

Hope all the holidays are treating everyone well. 'Tis the time for family reunions, with the smiles through gritted teeth as Uncle Frank drinks too much eggnog, and siblings everywhere bring up old sensitive issues just to watch the ensuing eye ticks...and domestic battery with a ten pound fruitcake...

Merry Merry and all that jazz!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:49 PM

    Yeah, the snowman was fun. The snow here was dry, too. Frosty there took an hour and a half to build!!!!!!!! My ass was frozen when I came in, but Stacey didn't have a heating pad for me :( ......Okay, her butt was frozen also......so I guess she is excused.
    Hope you get the counselor position soon, you'll be great at it.
    Okay, where are those pics????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR....MOJO
    HEY, I TRIED TO CALL AT CHRISTMAS... WILL TRY AGAIN.
    DID YOU GET MY ALBUM I EMAILED YOU...

    LOVE YOU OOGY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed on the chem dependency counselor position ~ keep us posted! Something good's just around the corner... and in the meantime, a bum-warmer-pad isn't too shabby either.

    cheers,
    dr. shelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:36 PM

    I'm happy to hear that you like the fruity cake stuff. My sis and I made some this year and used a bottle of Irish whiskey in it. Is that too much fruity cake for a bottle of whiskey? Any hoo, when you come visit we can wallow in the fruityness together. Harley too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:30 PM

    Did you test the density of the fruity cake? THAT is how you can determine if your whiskey had enough cake in it.

    Let CoCo taste test it and then drive. That could also be another effective measure.

    ReplyDelete

SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY..