fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around

fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around
no pansies allowed

Popular Posts

Monday, November 10, 2008

No need to throw water on me...

OK-it is official. I am a non-smoker. 18 years...and I am sure a lot of damage later-I am finally ready.

I am armed with Nicorette Gum, Commit Lozenges, and most importantly resolve to do it once and for all. I am making some other lifestyle changes as well-which will help me avoid situations that may trigger a powerful desire to smoke.

Very recently some people I never thought would really quit have managed to do it-one of my best buddies from high school, my ex (who I used to argue with about smoking because she wouldn't quit), my sister...

No luck to it. It is, after all, just a decision-and all of their lives are better for not smoking. So will be mine.

So, I am done. Marking the day...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:36 AM

    Right on!!!!!!!!!! I wish you all the success in the world and beyond. December 3rd will mark my first full year as a nonsmoker. Welcome to the club~~~~~~the less smokey,, I can dance much longer,, scream louder,, run farther Club!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:48 PM

    Anything we can do to help, just say the word. We have been worrying SO MUCH about this, you know, for all those 18 years. You know Dad empathizes and knows first hand how hard it is, but he is living proof how it can improve your life BEYOND MEASURE! So, way to go, and we are proud of you EVERY SINGLE DAY. Urge Nicole to quit too... dying of lung cancer is not a pretty sight. WE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:41 AM

    Hey, can I throw water on you anyway?????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoannaJoannaDanna,

    Rock on, lady. That's awesome. I smoked from the time I was 13 until I was 22 (so no 18 years, but time enough to have developed an ubersmoker identity). You're going to love reclaiming those lungs and all they can power. I've been on more beautiful hikes, more exhilerating mountain biking trips, and more exciting kayaking adventures since my body had the oxygen it needed to really enjoy all this stuff. It's bizarre for your body to feel younger in your 30s than in your teen years, but it's the beautiful paradox that awaits you in your new life as a non-smoker.

    Congratulations!
    shelf

    ReplyDelete

SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY..