fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around

fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around
no pansies allowed

Popular Posts

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Visit Ending Soon












Still lots of fun, coming to the end of the summer stay. Spam is here now, and I want to poke myself in the eye with a BBQ fork.
.
Little C and I went to the Curry County Fair with grampa. It was lotsa fun. Little C got her face painted for a mere $12,000. I think the lady did a great job.
.
Of even more interest is the lovely horse painting that C made for my mom's 29th birthday. A lady from my work (I can't identify her, other than a description...she is an older lady in a wheelchair with gray hair and glasses) taught Little C how to do watercolors, including shading. This is C's first effort, and we knew gramma would love it! Little C wanted to do a matting for it, and we looked all over the place. We finally made our own matting from a legal folder.
.
Anyhoo, today Spam. Little C and I will be going to see "Wildlife Images" in Cave Junction ("Face of the Sun") Oregon. It a wildlife rescue place, and I will try hard NOT to encourage Spam to get a very, very close look at the mama Grizzly Bears.
.
"That's it...just a little closer...you want to be sure to get a good photo...maybe try from INSIDE the cage..."
.
I will write more about that another time.
.
For now, I will just try to focus on having a swell time with Little C in between the "kissy lips" moments Spam continuosly initiates with her.
.
The other photos were taken on Grampa's deck. Notice the Pacific Ocean behind Little C. See those flowers? They will bloom right up into December...


1 comment:

  1. When are you coming back? Miss your posts. Worry about you. Your loyal fan....gpuff

    ReplyDelete

SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY..