fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around

fireweed -the most non-whiney flower around
no pansies allowed

Popular Posts

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Getting Crazy With the Cheese Whiz

Burneth down thy trailer park.
"The sweestest part is acting after making a decision"-Indigo Girls

Choosing to no longer do self destructive things feels like a weight lifted. Strange how I (and so many others) voluntarily suffer, when the simplest solution is the last to be tried. It is the nature of addiction. It is insanity in motion.

I found some quotes I liked. So I'm putting a few up. No specific themes other than drink and drugs, or the stuff that spins chaos around them...some cracked me up, some made me think...just stuff I encountered and wanna keep (with appropriate credits)...

"But I'm not so think as you drunk I am." JC Squire, 1931

Bessie Braddock:  Winston, You're drunk.
Churchill:  Bessie, you're ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober.

"In this country, don't forget, a habit is no damn private hell. There's no solitary confinement outside of jail. A habit is hell for those you love." Billie Holiday, 1963

"Junk is the ideal product, the ultimate merchandise. No sales talk necessatry. The client will crawl through a sewer and beg to buy." William S. Burroughs, 1959

"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that, you just take the girl's clothes off." Raymond Chandler in The Long Kiss Goodbye, 1953

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860

"It was the men I deceived the most that I loved the most." Marguerite Duras, 1999

"An open foe may prove a curse, but a pretended friend is worse." John Gay, 1727

"The most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steve Biko, 1976

"It is the nature, and the advantage, of strong people that they can bring out the crucial questions and form a clear opinion about them. The weak always have to decide between alternatives that are not their own." Otto von Bismark, 1987

"One hears only those questions for which one is able to find answers." Friedrich Nietzsche, 1882

"Hey, my mind was under the sofa cushions this whole time? Boy, do I feel stupid." Joanna Nicholson, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY..